Teacher contest Fall 2013 sm
Fall 2013 Teacher Contest
go to the ACE Image Gallery on line to answer the questions.
LegioXX_BoarEmblem smRoman Legion in Britannia
1) This marvelous Boar, found in Britannia was the emblem of the Legion XX a) Legions often had specific names and numbers attached to them.... what was the name of this one ? ( 2 words) b) The Legion XIV "Gemina" which defeated a British rebellion ca 60 AD, had the emblem of a ?
c) What was the name of the defeated tribe?
2) a) Who was the first Roman Emperor who was not born in Italy?
b) And where was he born?
3) This is the reverse of a coin of Nero. a) Of which Roman Imperial Dynasty was he the last member? b) it shows the Temple of Janus - when the doors of that Temple were closed, what did that signify?
4) a) Which Roman Emperor had the " Stone of Emesa" transported to Rome? b) What was it? c) What happened to the " Stone of Emesa" in AD 222? d) Why?
A Roman General
5) Two Roman Emperors were succeeded by their cousins - Give the names of both the first rulers and their cousins.
a) ...... followed by ......? b) ...... followed by ......?
6) a) Which Roman Emperor was captured and used as a "horse mounting block"
b) Who captured him?